[SoC] [Live-demo] Report 3 - Integration of geospatial OSS in educational notebooks

Margherita Di Leo diregola at gmail.com
Wed Jun 17 14:02:45 PDT 2015

Hi Massimo,

cc'ing soc mailing list. Please send the next reports also to soc mailing
list.

Cheers,
Margherita

On Wed, Jun 17, 2015 at 10:46 PM, Cameron Shorter <cameron.shorter at gmail.com
> wrote:

>  Thanks Massimo,
> This sounds like a good approach. I'll be interested to see your template
> when it is ready.
>
> Cheers, Cameron
>
> On 15/06/2015 11:16 pm, Massimo Di Stefano wrote:
>
> Hi,
> I apologize for the late report, I'm at sea collecting data for an
> oceanographic survey. I've limited internet with unbelievable slow
> connection.
>
>  What do I have completed this week?
>
> i realized that focusing all the notebooks on my use case will require the
> introduction of new data which will require more space or depending on a
> internet connection. So i will use only data already on the live.
> This week,
> - i tested several project quickstart from the osgeolive, selecting the
> datasets that best fit the topics i'm going to implement in the notebooks.
> - I worked on a mardown cell to be used as template for each notebook, it
> includes simple navigation link (back, fwd, home) and  hyperlinks to allow
> easy navigation.
>
> - working on the first set of notebooks dedicated to I/O  (mostly based on
> gdal utilities)
>
> What am I going to achieve for next week?
>
> - I'll finish the templates and improve the repository structure
> - continue the work on the first topic
>
> Is there any blocking issue?
>
> - i'm out at sea for research, plenty of time to work on the project but
> very limited internet connection. I'm doing the commit to my git local
> branch and l'll push them to the master repository on github once i'll be
> back on land (~24th june)
>
>  Very respectful,
>
>  Massimo Di Stefano
>

> --
> Cameron Shorter,
> Software and Data Solutions Manager
> LISAsoft
> Suite 112, Jones Bay Wharf,
> 26 - 32 Pirrama Rd, Pyrmont NSW 2009
>
> P +61 2 9009 5000,  W www.lisasoft.com,  F +61 2 9009 5099

Best regards,

Dr. Margherita DI LEO
Scientific / technical project officer

European Commission - DG JRC
Via Fermi, 2749
I-21027 Ispra (VA) - Italy - TP 261

Tel. +39 0332 78 3600
margherita.di-leo at jrc.ec.europa.eu

Disclaimer: The views expressed are purely those of the writer and may not
in any circumstance be regarded as stating an official position of the
European Commission.