[SoC] [OSGeo-Discuss] Google Summer of Code 2015

Margherita Di Leo diregola at gmail.com
Sun Mar 8 06:51:38 PDT 2015

Dear Cristiano,

I was under the impression that you had requested that the project idea
were hosted by OSGeo and indeed your idea is linked from the OSGeo ideas
page: see [1].
However I have also seen that the same idea is listed within the OSM ideas
[2]. This year OSM does not participate under the OSGeo's umbrella, since
they have been accepted as a separate mentoring organization. I'm afraid
this duplication is creating some confusion. Please let us know if you have
changed your mind and you are no longer applying under OSGeo.

Best,
Madi

[1] http://wiki.osgeo.org/wiki/Google_Summer_of_Code_2015_Ideas
[2]
http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Google_Summer_of_Code/2015/Project_Ideas#Project_Ideas

Best regards,

Dr. Margherita DI LEO
Scientific / technical project officer

European Commission - DG JRC
Via Fermi, 2749
I-21027 Ispra (VA) - Italy - TP 261

Tel. +39 0332 78 3600
margherita.di-leo at jrc.ec.europa.eu

Disclaimer: The views expressed are purely those of the writer and may not
in any circumstance be regarded as stating an official position of the
European Commission.