[SoC] Mapnik rendering engine for GRASS GIS

Noortheen Raja jnoortheen at gmail.com
Thu Mar 26 22:17:06 PDT 2015

First of all I am really sorry for informing very lately. I want to
participate in the GSoC'15 as a student, To get myself familiar with the
GRASS GIS development environment I wanted to update s.vol.idw (GRASS GIS
5.3) to the new vector and Rast3d architecture in the GRASS GIS 7. I
started this before one month. It is also involved in my Academic Project.
Now I feel myself familiar to the GRASS GIS dev environment. I have
proficient knowledge in C, C++ and Python. I have created a desktop
application using PyQt so I will easily get familiarized with the
wxWidgets. So that I wanted to choose this Idea. I am very sorry for this
last minute request. If there is any assignment slot assigned to this idea,
I am ready to do that. Please guide ma. . .

Regards,
Noortheen Raja J
B.E. in Geo-Informatics
Anna University, Chennai, India.