[SoC] Weekly report for ScribeUI, Week #1

Samuel Lapointe samuellapointe at gmail.com
Fri May 29 12:33:41 PDT 2015

Hello! This is my first report for the ScribeUI
<http://www.google-melange.com/gsoc/proposal/public/google/gsoc2015/samuellapointe/5629499534213120>
 project.

1) What do I have completed this week?

   - I set up a new blog for the project: http://blog.scribeui.org
   - As requested, I made a wiki page for GSoC:
   https://github.com/mapgears/scribeui/wiki/Google-Summer-of-Code-2015
   - I wrote a getting started guide to help new users
   - I presented the project on the mapserver users mailing list
   - I fixed a few existing bugs

2) What am I going to achieve for next week?

   - I want to display Mapserver's errors logs in ScribeUI when there's an
   error in a mapfile made using the program.
   - Fix bugs that come up along the way

3) Is there any blocking issue?

   - Setting up the blog with octopress was more complicated than I
   thought, but now that it's working it's not blocking anymore.

Have a nice week-end!