[SoC] OSM Level of Detail for GSoC 2017

Margherita Di Leo diregola at gmail.com
Fri Dec 16 04:54:40 PST 2016

Dear Balázs,

thanks for the heads up and for the detailed description of your
interesting project. As OSGeo we will submit an application to Google to
participate as a mentoring org also this year, but it is never too early to
start discussing gsoc ideas. Do you want to participate as a mentor or as a
student? It seems to me that your project is more related to OSM than to
any OSGeo software, do I understand correctly? In the past, OSM has
participated to gsoc under the OSGeo umbrella, but in recent years its gsoc
participation is grown bigger and they decided to apply on their own. I
don't know their plans for next year, you'll definitely have to check this
with them, and moreover, the final word is Google's selection of mentoring
orgs. Keep us posted.

Best regards,

Margherita Di Leo