[SoC] Newcomer to the community

Margherita Di Leo diregola at gmail.com
Thu Feb 18 05:17:59 PST 2016

Hi Satyaki,

On Thu, Feb 18, 2016 at 2:01 PM, Satyaki Upadhyay <satyaki3794 at gmail.com>
wrote:

> Hi
>

> My name is Satyaki and I'm a newcomer to the OSGeo community. I want to
> contribute to this project. I have been an active participator in
> programming contests like ACM-ICPC and on online judges over the last two
> years (am comfortable in C++).
> Codeforces -    http://codeforces.com/profile/satyaki3794
> Topcoder -       https://www.topcoder.com/members/satyaki3794/
> SPOJ -             http://www.spoj.com/users/satyaki3794/
>

> I am new to open source development and want to get involved using Google
> Summer of Code. I have not used geospatial softwares before but it sound
> interesting and am willing to learn. So if that is is not an issue, can
> someone please tell me what skills are needed and how I can get started?

Thank you for your interest.  Please visit our recommendations for students
page [1] and let us know if you experience problems in finding relevant
information, we will update it according to feedback.

Best regards,

[1]
https://wiki.osgeo.org/wiki/Google_Summer_of_Code_Recommendations_for_Students

--