[SoC] [GSoC] Report - Flow algorithms for pgRouting - Week 8

Andrea Nardelli nrd.nardelli at gmail.com
Sun Jul 17 09:53:18 PDT 2016

Hi all,

I am working on the implementation of maximum flow algorithms and their
applications for pgRouting during the GSoC 2016. This is my eigth report.
1) What did you get done this week?

This week I finished writing most part of the documentation, tests, and
examples. PgTAP unit tests were written to test all the
signatures&parameters of the max flow functions and error handling was
added where it was required. I also refactored the signature of maximum
cardinality matching and edge disjoint paths after discussion with the
mentors. Edge-disjoint paths now also works with multiple
sources/destinations.

2) What do you plan on doing next week?
Next week I plan to do several things:

   - Add more PgTAP tests covering other functions and checking of the
   actual results.
   - Expand the pgr_edgedisjointpaths function in order to list all the
   actual paths and not just the number.
   - Feasibility study on implementing other possible implementations
   <https://jorlin.scripts.mit.edu/docs/papersfolder/O%28nm%29MaxFlow.pdf>
   of maxflow that offer even better complexities. Discussion with mentors on
   this topic.

3) Are you blocked on anything?
No.

You can check the branch I'm working on here:

https://github.com/Illedran/pgrouting/tree/gsoc-flow

Best regards,
Andrea Nardelli