[SoC] Report 8 - istSOS Web API

Luka Glusica luka.glusica89 at gmail.com
Sun Jul 17 14:37:33 PDT 2016

Hello everyone,

The second part of my job is to develop *JavaScript Framework, *which
enable creation of feature rich Web widgets, that will allow
developers/users to easily implement istSOS funcitonalities and publish
istSOS data within their own Web applications.

*What did you get done this week?*

This week, in consultance with my mentors, I've reduced number of tools
that I've had planned to implement, because they seem irrelevant. Also, I
changed approach a little bit, so I needed to start over with
implementation. New plan is to develop small library for creating widgets.
So far, I have implemented istsos.widget.Widget base class and partially
istsos.widget.Map class. Code can be checked  here
<https://github.com/WebPractice-LukaG/web-widget-creator>.

*What do you plan on doing next week?*

Next week, I plan to improve Widget base class and finish the Map class
implementation. Also, I will start with developing Box class and working on
a way to integrate this project
<https://wiki.osgeo.org/wiki/VistSOS_Data_Visualization_Framework> as a
Chart class.

*Are you blocked on anything?*