[SoC] Report 9 - OGC protocols support within OL3-Google-Maps

Samuel Lapointe samuellapointe at gmail.com
Fri Jul 22 12:42:18 PDT 2016

Hello everyone, here’s my ninth report for the OL3-Google-Maps project.

Link to the library: https://github.com/mapgears/ol3-google-maps

Link to the website: http://mapgears.github.io/ol3-google-maps/

What did you get done this week?

   -

   I was going to work on the issue where both OpenLayers and Google Maps
   would do requests for tiles when Google Maps is active. However, when I
   started working on it monday morning, I couldn’t reproduce the issue.
   Whenever Google Maps is active, only Google Maps sends requests, and the
   same goes for OpenLayers.
   -

   I implemented a feature requested by a user: support for
   ol.style.RegularShape. This was possible by using the attributes of the
   OpenLayers RegularShape class to create a SVG path to be used as a marker
   in Google Maps.
   -

   I worked on implementing OL3-Google-Maps in an existing project using
   OpenLayers. This allowed me to discover multiple issues with the ImageWMS
   class I created earlier this summer. These issues have been fixed.
   -

   I created a new release of the library, as well as documentation on the
   procedure to follow when releasing a new version.

What do you plan on doing next week?

   -

   I will investigate two requests from the community: map rotation (#100)
   and minResolution/maxResolution (#105). If they are small enough for me to
   do, I will work on these issues.
   -

   I will continue working on the integration test with ol3gm, possibly
   uncovering new bugs to fix.
   -

   If there is enough time after it, I will add an example for unmanaged
   vector layers (#68).

Are you blocked on anything?

   -

   No.