[SoC] Report 9 - QGIS Resources Sharing Tools

Akbar Gumbira akbargumbira at gmail.com
Sun Jul 24 09:31:20 PDT 2016

Hi All,

This is the report for the 9th week of my GSoC project for QGIS. I also
made a video to explain the state of the tools, I hope it could help
https://youtu.be/77fglr3C2TU (especially for Richard :))

*What did you get done this week?*

   - Implemented processing scripts handler
   - Implemented another approach to deal with threads
   - Created collection test data
   - Moved documentation from documentup to jekyll github page (
   http://www.akbargumbira.com/qgis_resources_sharing/)
   - Implemented preview of the collection
   - Fixed some layout problem reported by Ale

*What do you plan on doing next week?*
I plan to:

   - Implement repository handler to deal with local file system
   - Implement style resource handler
   - Write tests
   - Write documentation

But I'll call Ale on Monday, if he's available, to talk about what I should
do this week

*Are you blocked on anything?*
No, but I think I need people testing the tool. So, if you're interested to
test it, you can clone the project right here
https://github.com/akbargumbira/qgis_resources_sharing to your local QGIS
directory. It would be helpful for me if there's someone testing on Windows
and Mac. I still have 4 weeks left to polish things up.

Cheers