[SoC] Report 10 - OGC protocols support within OL3-Google-Maps

Samuel Lapointe samuellapointe at gmail.com
Fri Jul 29 13:05:10 PDT 2016

Hello everyone, here’s my tenth report for the OL3-Google-Maps project.

Link to the library: https://github.com/mapgears/ol3-google-maps

Link to the website: http://mapgears.github.io/ol3-google-maps/

What did you get done this week?

   -

   Added support for map rotation. It’s not perfect as the window resize
   event doesn’t work when the map is rotated, but the controls work
   correctly. There isn’t a “good” way to implement it since Google Maps
   doesn’t support rotating maps.
   -

   Added support for minResolution and maxResolution. Layers now stop
   displaying when the current zoom level is outside the ranges set for that
   layer.
   -

   I added options to disable the replication of image and tile layers to
   Google Maps. I also made an example demonstrating these, as well as
   unmanaged vector layers.
   -

   I worked on my integration test of OL3-Google-Maps into an existing
   project. I found another bug that I solved in the library, but there’s
   still 2-3 issues that I haven’t solved yet.

What do you plan on doing next week?

   -

   I will add some cool examples such as maps using an overview map or
   Google StreetView.
   -

   In my integration test, tiled WMS layers appear at the wrong place on
   the map. It has something to do with the way I translate coordinates from
   OpenLayers 3 to the Google Maps API. I will work on this problem next week.
   -

   ImageWMS layers don’t refresh themselves after being modified. I will
   implement a way to notify the layers that the image they rendered is no
   longer valid and needs to be refreshed.

Are you blocked on anything?

   -

   No.