[SoC] GSoC: Basic cartography suite in GRASS - Week 2

Adam Laža ad.laza32 at gmail.com
Sat Jun 4 08:49:23 PDT 2016

Hi all,

below is my second week report.

Best regards,
Adam

Wiki page:
https://trac.osgeo.org/grass/wiki/GSoC/2016/BasicCartographySuiteInGRASS

Week 2, May, 30 - June, 3

1. What did you get done this week?

I worked on the module d.grid.
I worked on the module d.grid. I work on the ticket #3017[1] and fixed some
bugs.

I worked on the module d.barscale.
I solved the ticket #3016[2] and added option for barscale units.

I worked on the module d.legend.
I started to solve tickets related with d.legend. I've already added option
for legend title[3], now I work on legend labels and ticks[4].

I worked on GUI/Workspace
I started to solve ticket #2369[5] and to integrate map elements size and
position into workspace. I made a draft of XML structure that should be
saved into workspace .gxw file. I started to extend class
WriteWorkspaceFile() so map elements will be saved into workspace file too.

2. What do you plan on doing next week?
I will work further on the module d.legend. I will add more options for
labels and values. I will add options for background and border.
I will work on workspace. I want to finish class for writing into workspace
file and start working on reading class.

3. Are you blocked on anything?
Not really. This week I spent more time at the university that I had
expected but I will work during week-end so it should be OK.

[1]: https://trac.osgeo.org/grass/ticket/3017
[2]: https://trac.osgeo.org/grass/ticket/3016
[3]: https://trac.osgeo.org/grass/ticket/3015
[4]: https://trac.osgeo.org/grass/ticket/3014