[SoC] Report 2-transiTime QuickStart application

Brendan Egan egan129129 at gmail.com
Sat Jun 4 10:46:00 PDT 2016

Hi all,

Here is my report for this week,

1)-What did you get done this week?

I made progress in setting up transiTime.

I created and set up the database needed for transiTime.

I set up the schema structure for the transiTime core, created the
transiTimeConfig.xml file and configured it for my own setup.

I imported GTFS data from a GTFS file into the transiTime database.

During this process, I identified a bug in the GTFS file processor and
raised it as an issue on the transiTime Github.

https://github.com/Transitime/core/issues/32

I heavily documented everything to help anyone else trying to set up
transiTime, this can be found here:

https://github.com/Egan109/core/wiki/transiTime-Set-up-documentation

I had a call with my mentor. This is arranged to happen weekly.

2)-What do you plan on doing next week?

Begin constructing the stub of the transiTime quickstart.

The aim is to automate the setup steps I performed manually this week. That
is to import a GTFS file into transiTime.

I also intend fixing the bug I found and submitting this fix as a pull
request to gain experience with GIT.

3)-Are you blocked on anything?

Not blocked on anything, but the complexity of transTime is causing some
unforeseen obstacles.

Thanks,

-Brendan

Wiki page: