[SoC] GSoC 2016: Weekly report 2

Jachym Cepicky jachym.cepicky at gmail.com
Tue Jun 7 03:40:56 PDT 2016

Hi Vikas,

thanks for the report

>> I planned on setting up the workflow on how to give these options to the
user but I couldn’t decide and hence proceeded with implementing dropbox
storage API

I believe, the way we should approach is the same, we planed to use for FTP
storage: configuration of dropbox account should be in handsof server
administrator. Client should get access to dropbox directory OR file stored
in dropbox directory directly. Returning folder is ok for now - DropBox
does not currently fit in the OWS and GIS world seamlessly - that is the
price we need to pay.

>> Should the default option be set up in the configuration file? or should
it be decided based on the request where a new GET variable can be set up
which stores the preference for the storage.

We should not pass any storage configuration to the process by default - as
already written, this should be in hands of service administrator (for now)
- we will se, what future will show.

út 7. 6. 2016 v 11:02 odesílatel Vikas Mishra <vikasmishra95 at gmail.com>