[SoC] GSoC: Basic cartography suite in GRASS - Week 3

Adam Laža ad.laza32 at gmail.com
Sat Jun 11 08:15:56 PDT 2016

Hi all,

below is my third week report.

Best regards,
Adam

Wiki page:
https://trac.osgeo.org/grass/wiki/GSoC/2016/BasicCartographySuiteInGRASS

Week 3, June, 6 - 10

1. What did you get done this week?
I worked on the module d.legend.
I worked on ticket #3014[1]. I added ticks for labels generated from
labelnum option. I added option tick_value, so user can specify custom
values to display ticks and labels.

I worked on GUI/Workspace #2369[2]
Map elements like barscale, north arrow and legend now can be saved
to/restore from workspace file. I fixed the bug which caused that user got
a save-changes alert even though hadn't change anything.

2. What do you plan on doing next week?
I will add some more features to d.legend. I'd like to add background and
border options.
I will work on workspace. After discussion with my mentor I should
implement option for adding text with d.text value.

3. Are you blocked on anything?
Nope.

[1]: https://trac.osgeo.org/grass/ticket/3014
[2]: https://trac.osgeo.org/grass/ticket/2369