[SoC] Report 1 - OGC protocols support within OL3-Google-Maps

Samuel Lapointe samuellapointe at gmail.com
Fri May 27 13:10:52 PDT 2016

Hi all, here’s my first report for this summer.

What did you get done this week?

   -

   I spent last week working on a bug on the library where vector layers
   weren’t appearing anymore. For some reason, our custom layer’s parent
   didn’t dispatch events when its visibility changed. This week, I made a
   workaround where I dispatch the visible:change event then I call the parent
   function. It’s not a very clean fix but it allows me to move forward with
   the project, until we can find a better way to do it.
   -

   The easiest part of the WMS layers integration is done. It’s now
   possible create tiled WMS layers with openlayers, and when a google layer
   is visible, the library renders the WMS layer on it using Google’s own
   mapping API.

What do you plan on doing next week?

   -

   The plan is to work all week on making single-tile WMS layers work with
   the library. It will be more complicated as it doesn’t seem like the
   OpenLayers library offers a public function to generate a WMS url for that
   kind of layer.

Are you blocked on anything?

   -

   I still haven’t found the real reason the custom layer of our library
   doesn’t dispatch events. It happens only when both OL3 and the library are
   compiled (using google closure). I’m not really stuck on it since I made a
   temporary workaround.

Have a nice week-end!