[SoC] Bringing pyModis to the web through ZOO-Project [Report Week 1]

chingchai humhong chingchai.h at gmail.com
Sun May 29 05:41:25 PDT 2016

Dear All,

This is my first week report of GSoC:

*During Bounding period*

I have been contacted with my mentors. We discuss to proceed with the work
to develop something into pyModis and Implementation ZOO-Services. I
learning introduction to the ZOO-Project and pyModis.

*1. What did you get done this week?*

§  I installed Ubuntu 14.04.4 LTS on my laptop.

§  I installed pyModis branch 2.0 support also Python 3 follow on mentors
to recommend.

§  I installed ZOO-Project on web server and ZOO-Kernel linked against
Python 3.

§  I Starting with ZOO-Project and pyModis by learning how to write ZOO
Service Configuration File (ZCFG) and Implementing the Python Service as
link shown below.

*2. What do you plan on doing next week?*

§  Next Week I plan to implement pyModis WPS services corresponding to an
available script and made in the ZOO-Project by bringing MODIS data to the
web.

*3. Are you blocked on anything?*

§  Right now, I am not blocked on anything, but I think my work is quite
slow because I do not have experience in using Python. Although, I had
several difficulties on setting some environments, I had solved that. I
would like to thanks my mentors (Gérald Fenoy and Luca Delucchi) and my
advisor Sittichai Choosumrong who helped me to solve my problems.

*Full report week 1*:
http://zoo-project.org/trac/wiki/Bringing_pyModis_to_the_web_through_ZOO-Project_GSoC_2016#Week1

Best regards,

Chingchai Humhong