[SoC] 1st Report VistSOS Data Visualization Framework

Felipe Poveda felipe07 at gmail.com
Sun May 29 05:12:35 PDT 2016

Hi everybody,

*1. What did you get done this week?*

* During this week I started the evaluation of 3 javascript visualization
libraries: Rickshaw and Vega-Lite. This evaluation consist in the creation
of bar, line, and scatterplot charts using the aforementioned libraries and
JSON data coming from istSOS.

* I made a python script to insert rainfall and temperature sensor
measurements comming from the agency ARPA Lombardia. This script process
the csv files in order to adjust them to the csv format requiered by istSOS.

*2. What do you plan on doing next week?*

* Continue the evalutation of the javascript libraries adding interactive
charts. Evaluate the javascript library Cubism with bar, line and
scatterplot charts.

* Create a first version of the evaluation report (including factors such
as performance, number of charts supported and customizability)

*3. Are you blocked on anything?*

* Not really but during the evaluation of the Rickshaw library the
customization of the x axis doesn't work properly when the chart have more
than 2 weeks of data. By not working properly I mean the relation between
the x axis and the points in the y axis can be confusing  for the end user.

Best,

--
*Felipe Poveda*