[SoC] Report 1 – istSOS Web API

Luka Glusica luka.glusica89 at gmail.com
Sun May 29 09:48:31 PDT 2016

Hello everyone,

The first part of my job is to develop *JavaScript core library, *which
will expose the communication with the* istSOS WA REST* interface.

*What did you get done this week?*

This week, I’ve been indentifying all the admin HTTP requests to the
server, that are targeting the istSOS RESTful API. By identifying, I mean:

- writing down URL

- type of request (GET, POST, PUT, DELETE)

- response data

- request payload

Also, I’ve started designing the class structure, for the purpose of
developing JavaScript core library.

All of the mentioned work, I’m doing in partnership with a GsoC student
Florin-Daniel Cioloboc, who’s working on an Java core library for istSOS
and our work overlaps in this section.

*What do you plan on doing next week?*

Next week, I will be finishing the class structure and begin with the
actual development/coding of JavaScript core library. I will be also
creating some test pages along the way, to check for possible errors.

*Are you blocked on anything?*

Currently, everything is going according to plan.

Best regards,

Luka Glusica