[SoC] Report 1 - istSOS Android Client

Florin-Daniel Cioloboc cioloboc.florin at gmail.com
Sun May 29 10:24:37 PDT 2016

Hi everyone,

In my case, over the course of the next few weeks my task will be to
develop a *Java core library *that will allow communication with the*
istSOS WA REST* interface. Of

*Community Bonding 23 April - 23 May*

In short, I've got in touch with my mentors and with fellow students who
are also part of the istSOS community, as well as defining the plan for the
project.

I set up the working environment (installed Linux Ubuntu, istSOS, Android
Studio etc.)

Read documentation and tutorials from istSOS, as well as in Android in
order to get up to speed with the basics before I start working on the
Android part of the project.

*Week 1*

*What did you get done this week?*

This week, I had the task to work together with GSoC student Luka Glusica
to identify all the HTTP requests for the istSOS REST API.
I've also read some documentation related to event handling during REST
requests.

*What do you plan on doing next week?*

To finish the architecture of the Java core library, and start the
development.

*Are you blocked on anything?*
No, not at the moment.

Best,