[SoC] GSoC 2017 - Week 12 Report - Implement Connected Components Algorithms for pgRouting by the Boost Graph Library

Maoguang Wang xjtumg1007 at gmail.com
Sun Aug 20 00:52:59 PDT 2017

Hi All,

This is my final report for my project.

*Abstract*
I implemented 5 functions:

   - pgr_connectedComponents - Return the connected components of an
   undirected graph.
   - pgr_strongComponents - Return the strongly connected components of a
   directed graph.
   - pgr_biconnectedComponents - Return the biconnected components of an
   undirected graph.
   - pgr_articulationPoints - Return the articulation points of an
   undirected graph.
   - pgr_bridges - Return the bridges of an undirected graph.

*The state of the project before my GSoC*
pgRouting didn't have those functionalities before my GSoC.

*The addition that my project brought to pgRouting*
The deliverables are code, full documentation, documentation tests of those
five funtions.

*Future directions*

   - Optimize pgr_bridges. pgr_bridges uses a algorithm with O(E * (V + E))
   complexity. Tarjan's algorithm can solve it in O(V + E).
   - Create unit tests(pgTAP) for those five funtions.
   - Implement incremental connected components (include disjoint-set) for
   pgRouting by BGL.

*Links to the code and documentation*
*src *files:
https://github.com/pgRouting/pgrouting/tree/develop/src/components/src