[SoC] [IMPORTANT] About URLs provided by students and subsequent evaluation

Margherita Di Leo diregola at gmail.com
Wed Aug 30 00:58:37 PDT 2017

Dear All,

unfortunately only few students followed our indications [1] about URL
submission. Our indication was that students would use the URL of last
report published in soc mailing list. Every other link should have been
prior discussed with us to make sure they are compliant to Google's
rules[2].
*@Students*: We make rules because if you follow them you and your mentors
don't have to make the extra work of checking compliance on yourselves.
Now it's too late to change the submission, and the extra work is required:
*@mentors*, please check the URLs provided by your students against the
requirements given by Google at: [2]. Remember that you are required to
FAIL students that provided a link that doesn't meet these requirements. We
admins are double checking that this is respected.
Lesson learned: in case of doubts, ASK US before.

[1] https://lists.osgeo.org/pipermail/soc/2017-August/003827.html
[2] https://developers.google.com/open-source/gsoc/help/work-product

--
Margherita Di Leo