[SoC] GSoC2017:A problem about the projcect "improve vector geoprocessing algorithms"

Margherita Di Leo diregola at gmail.com
Fri Feb 24 00:04:35 PST 2017

Hello  Ruoyun Jing,

welcome! The project you are interested in is proposed by the QGIS software
community. You should get in contact with them in their mailing list to
introduce yourself and discuss it further. Moreover, to demonstrate that
you are familiar with QGIS and the development environment, try to
challenge yourself submitting a bug fix, a patch etc. See the
recommendations for students here:
https://wiki.osgeo.org/wiki/Google_Summer_of_Code_Recommendations_for_Students
Good luck!

Regards,

On Fri, Feb 24, 2017 at 2:01 AM, Ruoyun Jing <jingry0321 at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi Everyone:
>
> My name is Ruoyun Jing, I am an undergraduate student in Northwest
> University(China) of Software Engineering.Although i am a girl,i really
> love coding !!! I've coded many alogorithm problems with C++and Python,
> GSoC is really a precious chance for me to get in touch with open source
> software.
>
>  After reading all the organizatuions and their projects, I'm pretty
> interested in improving vector geoprocessing algorithms,but i'm not sure do
> you have any requirement about degree.Despite my lack of project
> experience,i will try my best to learn ,code and communicate with mentor!!!
>
> Looking forward from you.:)
>
> Thank.
> Ruoyun Jing

Margherita Di Leo