[SoC] Is this a valid project idea?

Basques, Bob (CI-StPaul) bob.basques at ci.stpaul.mn.us
Tue Jan 24 07:25:38 PST 2017

Madi,

That’s about correct with with I was thinking.  The idea is to flesh out a project for presentation as a product to the unsuspecting consumer.  Shrink wrap things so to speak.

The Coding aspect would be related to setting up demos/tutorials, focusing on the (new) end user and getting them up and running as quickly as possible.  Maybe It’s more aptly described as Customer Management, in any case, still neeeds to be project specific, but there may be a mechanism for setting things up initially as a Template of sorts for use by multiple projects.  The goal here would be to present the different OSGeo projects with a unified look and feel.  This might be an expansion to Live-DVD, but I think it better resides alongside the projects, at least in the formative stages.

I know I’m not describing this very clearly, but the idea is still a little cloudy in my brain too.

bobb