[SoC] GSoC 2017- Week 5 Report - Integration of Bikeshare Information into an Open-source Transportation App

Rodrigo Carvalho carvalhorr at gmail.com
Sun Jul 2 02:02:55 PDT 2017

Dear all,

This is my progress report for week 5. You can follow my work on the
project in the main repository [1] and the Work In Progress Pull-Request
[2] to merge to the main repository. We are also keeping the progress
information updated in the issue that originated the project in [3].

*Week 5 (June 26 - July 2)*
*1. What do I have completed this week?*

   - I have made more progress in the UI, including:
      - Create more markers for bike stations and floating bikes.
      - Update icons and markers based on feedback
      - Replace the library responsible for displaying the Speed Dial
      behavior on the Layers FAB (Floating Action Button) and included details
      like showing cancel icon when the speed dial is open and customizing the
      colors in the speed dial menu items
      - Refactored the implementation of the Bike Overlay to remove usage
      of Google Maps Marker getTag() and setTag() methods since it is not
      supported by the Amazon Map in the Amazon version of the app.
      - Worked to fix some of the code review problems and suggestions
   - Started working on a TODO suggested in the code review to gracefully
   handle the case when the support for bikeshare is not present on the
   server.
   - Since I will be attending summer school [4] at my university between
   July 3rd and July 8th, I had to start working on my presentation and poster.

*2. What am I going to achieve for next week?*

   - During this week I will attend my course Summer School [4] in Scotland.

*3. Is there any blocking issue?*

   - When changing the library to handle the Speed Dial behavior on the
   Layers Floating Action Button, I run into an issue with the library that I
   still need to investigate more. The color of the Floating Action Button is
   different from the other Floating Action Button. I've opened an issue [5]
   at the library Github repository and will continue work to solve it.

*4. Links*[1] https://github.com/carvalhorr/onebusaway-android/tree/gbfs
[2] https://github.com/OneBusAway/onebusaway-android/pull/776
[3] https://github.com/OneBusAway/onebusaway-android/issues/402
[4] https://www.cs.nuim.ie/courses/desem/summer-schools/summer-school-2017