[SoC] Report for Week 5 - 3D OSM Plugin API for ESA-NASA Web World Wind

Candan Eylül Kilsedar candaneylul.kilsedar at polimi.it
Sun Jul 2 10:58:20 PDT 2017

Hello all,

The work can be found at https://github.com/kilsedar/3dosm.

The wiki page is the following: https://wiki.osgeo.org/wiki/GSoC_2017_-_3D_OSM_Plugin_API_for_ESA-NASA_Web_World_Wind.

What did I complete this week?

- I came to understand that it is not difficult to extract building heights from the DSM and DTM data I have, but this process cannot be integrated with the Web World Wind (WWW) API. I talked with my supervisor at the university and I decided to do that outside GSoC with GRASS and only display the results using WWW API (I will update the OSM GeoJSON for Milan with the height information and display this static data for showcasing).
- Completed the documentation for the current state of the project.
- Added code to apply building heights if the information exists in OSM. I also added coloring based on the building heights (heatmap).

What am I going to achieve next week?

- At this point in the project I don't know the next steps.

Is there any blocking issue?

- No, there is no blocking issue.

Best,

Candan Eylül Kilsedar