[SoC] Weekly Report For GSoC Project - Extension of pgRouting Contraction framework to implement Contraction By Area

Ankur Shukla work.ankurshukla at gmail.com
Sun Jun 4 03:29:29 PDT 2017

Hi All Community Members,
This is Ankur Shukla. I am working with pgRouting for GSoC 2017. We at
pgRouting have spent a great bonding period and now we have begun with the
coding phase.
Our first coding task was to generate a template of the function we want to
design. This task has enabled us to learn a lot about the coding
architecture of pgRouting. To develop our own function was really fun.
This week I have worked on generating a template function and modifying it
to my needs and in the coming week I'll be working on its tests and
documentation related code. The consolidated report of my work for this
week can be found here:
https://github.com/pgRouting/pgrouting/wiki/GSoC-2017-Area-Contraction#week-1
and the details of all the task for this week can be found here:
https://github.com/pgRouting/pgrouting/wiki/GSoC-2017-Area-Contraction#week-1-tasks
I am looking forward to the coming weeks and eager to read from all the
other OSGeo students about their first coding week.

Regards.
*Ankur Shukla*
Teaching Assistant, Centre of Studies in Resources Engineering
Company Coordinator, Placement Cell
IIT Bombay