[SoC] GSoC 2017- Week 1 Report- Adding Audio/Video and SOS input support to the MapMint4ME.

Rajat Shinde rajatshinde2303 at gmail.com
Sun Jun 4 05:25:00 PDT 2017

Dear all,
My name is Rajat Shinde. I am working with *MapMint* under *OSGeo* in GSoC
2017. The title of my project is "*Adding audio/video and SOS input support
to the MapMint4ME*".

The Community bonding period was pleasing and fruitful. It provided a
chance to share experiences with the developers of the community. I have
compiled the work done in the first week and the plans for upcoming days in
the following points:

   1.

*What did I complete this week? *

   - Studied the user guide of MapMint for a complete understanding of the
   modules.
   - Did some data mining and found workshops featuring MapMint,
   ZOO-project, and MapServer. Checked some of the workshops.
   - The primary task, for now, is to publish the local data of my region
   using MapMint.
   - Rectified the error with the Distiller module. This ticket
   <https://github.com/mapmint/ansible-roles/issues/3#issuecomment-303377024>
helped
   in solving the error.
   - Continued studying Android development and concepts of JAVA.

*2. What do I plan to achieve the next week? *

   - My primary and most important task to accomplish is to publish local
   data using MapMint. This is important as MapMint4ME will be using MapMint.
   - I have successfully setup the MapMint in my local machine. But, there
   are some issues in the local instance. I will try to sort them out.

* 3. Is there any blocking issue? *

   - Yes, initially, I faced some issue in understanding the different
   modules of the MapMint. But, after following the MapMint user guide, I
   started understanding their functionality.

I have updated this information on my project wiki page too.
The link to the project wiki page: Wiki
<https://wiki.osgeo.org/wiki/GSoC_17:_Add_Audio,_Video_and_SOS_input_support_in_MapMint4ME>
.
The link to the Github repository: Repo
<https://github.com/omshinde/gsoc17-MapMint4ME/wiki>.

I would be highly grateful to receive your feedbacks and comments towards
my improvement.

Thanks and regards,
Rajat Shinde,
India.