[SoC] Week 2: Web API plugin for QGIS Desktop
e0425926 at student.tuwien.ac.at
Sun Jun 11 04:11:04 PDT 2017
This week's commits again all went into the core python plugin repository:
1. What did you get done this week?
- refactored HTTP request processing to support incremental parsing of
POST request bodies -- this part of the code is overall more robust
- implemented adding of layers from both external URIs and POST data
- implemented layer information retrieval, making use of automatic
conversion of QGIS-specific types using a custom JSONEncoder
- added some documentation to the gitlab repo README so that
interested QGIS users know how to play around with/test the
development versions of the plugin (will send out dedicated email to
the QGIS-dev list this afternoon!)
2. What do you plan on doing next week?
- finalise request structure and refactor request path lookup
- implement more request paths and necessary conversion functions
(particularly for geodata readout)
- start assembling documentation of request paths
- get started on R package
3. Are you blocked on anything?
- this week's mentor meeting had to be cancelled last minute, still
waiting for request structure to be finalised next week so I can get
started on documentation.
More information about the SoC