[SoC] Community Bonding period - it’s student time to be active!

Helmut Kudrnovsky hellik at web.de
Tue May 9 12:13:27 PDT 2017

Dear students,

In [1] it’s already mentioned:

“as part of the your acceptance into GSoC, you are expected to actively participate in the Community Bonding period (May 4 - May 29). the *Community Bonding period* is intended to help get you ready to start contributing to your organization at full speed starting May 30th.”

There are now 20 days left for the community bonding period and we haven’t seen much student activity so far.

For a good starting point, we request following now:

* write an introducing email here to our SOC mailing list and to your community dev mailing list
* add links to your wiki page and public repository (where the community can follow your GSoC progress) in the accepted students wiki page [2]

Be active and have fun with OSGeo’s GSoC ! [3]

As community and communication work will be also part of your evaluation. :-)

kind regards,
your OSGeo GSoC Admins

[1] https://lists.osgeo.org/pipermail/soc/2017-May/003586.html
[2] https://wiki.osgeo.org/wiki/Google_Summer_of_Code_2017_Accepted