[SoC] GSoC introduction Roberta Fagandini

Roberta Fagandini robifagandini at gmail.com
Tue Apr 24 04:55:14 PDT 2018

> Hi Roberta,

Hi Moritz!

> On 24/04/18 13:01, Roberta Fagandini wrote:
>
>> Hi all!
>> I'm Roberta Fagandini, Ph.D. student at Politecnico of Milano.
>> My proposal "GRASS GIS module for Sentinel-2 cloud and shadow detection"
>> has been accepted therefore I've been selected for the GSoC 2018.
>> I'm glad to start contributing to OSGeo and especially to GRASS GIS with
>> the help of my mentors Roberto Marzocchi and Moritz Lennert.
>>
>> My project consists in the realization of a GRASS GIS module for the
>> detection of clouds and their shadows in Sentinel-2 images without using
>> time series.
>> Below you can find the link to my proposal:
>>
>> https://docs.google.com/document/d/1mQyouqbHGHugn5DjEDZI3hc1
>> eU_bT_b0qLJPPwkt_hk/edit?usp=sharing
>>
>> I would be grateful if you could have a look at the proposal and provide
>> any suggestions.
>> Every feedback is welcome and it will be useful to improve my project.
>>
>> I'm waiting for the writing access to the OSGeo wiki, therefore, I will
>> share my wiky page as soon as possible.
>>
>> Thanks for this great opportunity!
>>

> It is great to have you with us ! I'm looking forward to working with you
> on this project.

First of all I want to thank you for being my mentor!

> The first thing I would love to see is your existing python script to get
> a better understanding of the exact approach you are planning on
> implementing.

> Depending on what tool you prefer, you can either set up a github
> repository for the project, or you could also use the sandbox in the GRASS
> svn [1]. You could then share your code there.

A the moment I have only some bash script. I'm testing different procedures
for shadows detection, which is the task that is creating more troubles at
the moment.  Anyway, I already had the intention of setting up a github
repository for the project therefore, I hope to share it as soon as
possible.

> Moritz

Roberta