[SoC] To participate GSoC 2018 as a OSGeo student contributor

Dilum De Silva dilum.gsoc at gmail.com
Thu Feb 8 09:51:49 PST 2018

Hello,

I am a second-year undergraduate and this is my first time at Google Summer
of Code. I went through google summer of code 2017 archive and the
organizations to get an Idea of GSoC. As well as I went through OSGeo
projects.

Since the OSGeo projects were pretty interesting for me, I read the OSGeo
GSoC Recommendations for students wiki page and 2018 GSoC Ideas page as the
first step.

Since I am new to this organization, I thought of Introduce me to the
organization and to other GSoC contributors. When It comes to me, I am a
Software Engineering undergraduate at IIT(Sri Lanka) which is affiliated
with University of Westminster.

And I am more into web design and development and web-based technologies.
In addition to that, I am comfortable with Java and Python.

It would be really appreciated if you could guide me to start with OSGeo
for GSoC 2018 as well as I would love to hear from mentors or the
developers of the GeoMoose project.

Thanks.

Best Regards