[SoC] Week 8 Report - Full support of Python 3 in GRASS GIS

Sanjeet edu.sanjeet at gmail.com
Sun Jul 8 08:26:34 PDT 2018

Hi everyone,

This is my week Week 8 report for the project "Full support of Python
3 in GRASS GIS"

1) What did I complete this week?

    Updated 'pygrass' library [0] fixed failing errors
    Updated 'pydispatch' to deal with dict iterator [1]
    Fixed 'ctypes' patch [2], was failing to apply
    Fixed import issues in GUI library [3]
    Fixed gconsole, goutput and gcmd errors to run the wxpython4 on Py3
    Updated all dict iterators (keys, values, items) in GUI library

2) What am I going to achieve for the next week?

    Fix deprecated code in GUI library
    Keep working on ctypes-pygrass-temporal libraries
    Write tests for trunk/scripts

3) Is there any blocking issue?
    Not at the moment.

The link to my wiki page is here [4].