[SoC] GSoC 2018 Week 8 Report - "Database Output Storage for PyWPS"

Jan Pišl janjanpisl at gmail.com
Sun Jul 8 08:00:56 PDT 2018

Hi everyone,

this is my report from week 8. It can also be found on my wiki page [0].
This week, I spent most time refactoring and optimizing the code. As
always, any feedback is appreciated!

Enjoy the rest of the weekend!

Kind regards,

Jan Pišl

Week 8 report

*What did you get done this period?*

- PgStorage and SQLiteStorage classes inherit from DbStorage [1]

- The "store" method is now implemented in the parent class DbStorage

- Method for storing vector outputs is now implemented in the parent class
DbStorage [2]

- Method for storing outputs such as CSV, plain text, etc. is now implemented
in the parent class DbStorage [3]

- Each class inheriting from DbStorage now implements a method for
initializating database (create schema, etc.) [4]

- Fixing bugs and some other minor changes and updates to the code [5]

*What do you plan on doing next week (period) ?*

- Download, compile and run MapServer

- Establish a connection between MapServer and PostgreSQL

*Are you blocked on anything?*

No.

[0] https://wiki.osgeo.org/wiki/Database_Output_Storage_for_PyWPS

[1] *https://github.com/janpisl/pywps/commit/889ce577747815554970c3c39cebed15fe1d1ca6