[SoC] GSoC 2018 Week 9 Report - "Database Output Storage for PyWPS"

Jan Pišl janjanpisl at gmail.com
Sun Jul 15 13:08:28 PDT 2018

Hi everyone,

this is my report from week 9. It can also be found on my wiki page [0].
This week, I spent most time refactoring and optimizing the code. As
always, any feedback is appreciated!

Enjoy the rest of the weekend!

Kind regards,

Jan Pišl

Week 9 report

*What did you get done this period?*

- Together with my mentor we decided not to implement a functionality for
handling metadata at this time.

- I established a connection between PostgreSQL and SQLite and Mapserver
[1]. This allows sample output data to be served as a WMS service and
viewed in e.g. QGIS.

- I created sample requests for both PostgreSQL and SQLite [2]

*What do you plan on doing next week (period) ?*

- Edit current code and automatize connection with MapServer so any output
data can be viewed as a WMS service.

*Are you blocked on anything?*

No.

[0] https://wiki.osgeo.org/wiki/Database_Output_Storage_for_PyWPS