[SoC] Week 10 Report - Full support of Python 3 in GRASS GIS

Sanjeet edu.sanjeet at gmail.com
Sun Jul 22 11:02:36 PDT 2018

Hi everyone,

This is my week Week 10 report for the project "Full support of Python
3 in GRASS GIS"

1) What did I complete this week?

    Replaced deprecated code warnings for set-tooltip [0]
    Fixed psmap issue for map
    Created new wrapper classes for widgets
    Fixed animation and mapswipe events binding deprecation warnings
    Fixed 'cmp' function calls, created custom function to deal with
all instances

2) What am I going to achieve for the next week?

    Replace remaining code deprecated warnings in GUI library
    Fix remaining gui command files
    Work on forms.py to fix string errors
    Replace all instances of old wx.* code with wrapper classes where suitable

3) Is there any blocking issue?
    Not at the moment.

The link to my wiki page is here [1].

[0] https://github.com/sanjeetbhatti/FullSupportPython3/blob/master/grass_trunk/gui/patch_gui.diff