[SoC] Week 4 Report : Making pgRoutingLayer plugin compatible with QGIS 3.0

Aasheesh Tiwari aasheesht50 at gmail.com
Sat Jun 9 16:23:00 PDT 2018

Hi All,

Please find below the Weekly status updates of my project titled " Making
pgRoutingLayer plugin compatible with QGIS 3.0 and adding GUI support for
proposed functions" for week-4.

What did you get done this week?

As per my timeline, this week was about removing translational errors and
resolving any other issues.

I was facing an issue that after removing wildcard imports, the
pgRoutingLayer plugin was not showing database. It was giving a
warning " definition
of service ‘NULL’ not found ". I tried to resolve this error. My mentor
proposed a solution which is working fine in his environment but it was not
working in my environment. So I reinstalled everything and setup a fresh
environment.

Another issue that I faced this week is with qgis2to3 tool , this tool has
qgisapifinder tool that parses the QGIS API break document for the API
changes made in the new version. I used this tool on one of the code files,
but the output does not seem useful. It is also hard to read or interpret.
My mentor and I are trying to resolve this issue. In the meantime, I
studied the code and API break document and listed down some changes in a
notebook.

What do you plan on doing next week?

   -

   If the issue with qgisapifinder is not resolved , I will manually read
   the code and find changes in the QGIS API break document.
   -

   Apply the above changes to the code.

The project's wiki and repository can be found here at [1] & [2]
respectively.

[1]
https://github.com/pgRouting/pgrouting/wiki/GSOC--2018-Makin
g-pgRoutingLayer-plugin-compatible-with-QGIS-3-and-adding-
additional-GUI-support

[2] https://github.com/pgRouting/pgRoutingLayer/tree/gsoc/python3

Aasheesh Tiwari
Mtech , IIT Bombay