[SoC] ​GSoC 2018 report week 04 - GRASS GIS module for Sentinel-2 cloud and shadow detection

Roberta Fagandini robifagandini at gmail.com
Sun Jun 10 01:58:37 PDT 2018

Hi all!
I'm Roberta Fagandini and I'm working on my GSoC project, a GRASS GIS
module for Sentinel-2 cloud and shadow detection.
This is my report for the fourth week of coding.

*1) What did I complete this week?*

   - Implemented some changes from dev feedback (e.g. added a new flag to
   manage the two procedure separately and added the text file option to
   specify input bands)
   - Tested the modified python script and fixed bugs (e.g. solved a bug
   for -s flag)
   - Created a real complete GRASS GIS module that can be installed with
   g.extension
   - Finished implementing the GUI
   - Tested the GUI and fixed bugs
   - Cleaned up the code from the style point of view in order to make it
   more readable (followed PEP8 style guide and GRASS Python Scripting
   Library rules, converted python lists into dictionaries, added comments,
   messages and warnings, etc.)
   - Started writing the manual page
   - Solved a problem with g.extension thanks to dev community suggestions
   - Discussed future improvements with the dev community
   - Frequently added the new version of the code to my GitHub repository
   [0]
   - Shared progress with the community

*2) What am I going to achieve for next week?*

   - Implement any change from discussions and feedback
   - Test and fix bugs
   - Finish writing the manual page
   - Check the code with mentors
   - Prepare deliverable for the evaluation

*3) Is there any blocking issue?*
No at the moment.

Here the links to my wiki page [1] and GitHub repository [0]

Kind regards,
Roberta

[0] https://github.com/RobiFag/GRASS_clouds_and_shadows
[1] https://trac.osgeo.org/grass/wiki/GSoC/2018/CloudsAndShadowsDetection