[SoC] Reports week 4

iba diouf ibdioufksk4 at gmail.com
Sun Jun 10 08:48:59 PDT 2018

Dear members of the community,Greetings.
Please find my report for the 4th week of Coding Period.
Coding period: Week 4: June 4th to June 10th

The part I finished in this period:
1. Android Studio installed and well set
I was having some issue in compiling the MapMint4ME Android app with the
Android Studio Virtual Emulator because of upgradation of packages.
Finally, we were able to overcome the issue after adding a patch.

2. MapMint4ME compiled with my Android Sudio.
I was able to run the application on the emulated device. We have planned
to work on the emulated device and then test it on the real device.

3. Test the tool to save the data to the field.
I tried to enter data from the MM4ME android app and see it on the MapMint
Web app. I am still working on this.

What are you planning to do next week?
I plan to complete addition of data values from the MM4ME app and then
visualize that data from the MapMint web app.
Also, I plan to work on the documentation and discuss the plans for
upcoming period with the mentors.

Are you stuck on something?
No, for the moment I'm not stuck.

Link to wiki: https://wiki.osgeo.org/wiki/GSoC_2018:_MapMint4ME_
Supporting_Other_Geometri s_Recording
Link to commits: https://github.com/idiouf/MapMint4ME/commit/
379d09d69d09f310ceed4c2cb8f76202390118dc
Github Link: https://github.com/idiouf/MapMint4ME--Supporting-Other-
Geometries-Recording

Regards,
Iba DIOUF