[SoC] Just in time: Seeking mentors for development of a Deep Learning model applied to Remote Sensing Data

Evandro Carrijo evandro.taquary at gmail.com
Thu Mar 22 10:59:03 PDT 2018

Hi Margherita,

I really appreciate for your feedback! I'm not much familiar with GRASS GIS
as I had only developed standalone codes in Python using directly libraries
like GDAL and RIOS <http://rioshome.org> and used QGIS for layers
visualization. But, as I observed here
<http://grass.osgeo.org/programming6/pythonlib.html> and here
<https://grasswiki.osgeo.org/wiki/GRASS_and_Python>, Python scripts can
easily be integrated within GRASS GIS and I could seamlessly adapt my
programming skills to work with that. That way, I could compromise myself
in integrating my already done codes (and new ones) into GRASS GIS
software/libraries.

Also, if allowed, I could edit the Ideas' wiki page to contemplate my own
idea, so that it could be visible to a broader audience. If I get a mentor
in time, I will make a detailed proposal for the mentors/community be able
to understand better the idea.

Thank you very much,

Evandro Carrijo Taquary
Federal University of Goiás