[SoC] GSoC 2019

Hector Tundidor Hernandez hectorth23 at gmail.com
Tue Apr 9 03:32:55 PDT 2019

Hello to the OsGeo community,

My studies in Cartography and Geodesy and subsequent works have allowed me to work with Geographic Information Systems (GIS) that have been very useful for the development of my activities.
I would like to contribute to the Open Source community of OsGeo through the GSoC 2019 by contributing my experience in this field, at the same time that I broaden my knowledge and improve my programming skills. I have developed a proposal for the project "Create new rules for the Topology Framework in gvSIG Desktop".

Currently, I am studying a master's degree in data science and big data and it is vital to ensure the quality of the data, based on a series of metrics, to obtain more accurate data analysis without bias. Therefore, in the case of spatial data, having topological rules to control and ensure the quality of such data through open source software is a fundamental task to develop the subsequent geospatial analysis that support our own conclusions.

Hector Tundidor