[SoC] GvSIG GSoC 2019 Ideas

Mauro Carlevaro mauroctecno at gmail.com
Mon Apr 8 11:38:20 PDT 2019

Dear OSGeo community.

I am Mauro Carlevaro from Montevideo, Uruguay. I am Programmer Analyst,
Cartographic Technician and now I am studing my degree in IT.

I work in Geomatics, as web developer and implementig geographic
information systems. The technologies that i work with daily are: Java,
Python, MySQL, PostgreSQL/PostGIS, Apache Tomcat and GeoServer. I have
experience using gvSIG and QGIS.

I participate in Google Code in as a mentor and now I would like take part
with OSGeo in Google Summer of Code. I find the technologies developed by
google very interesting and useful so that in 2015-2016 I was part,
together with two excellent professionals, of the project of Google Earth
planimetric accuracy evaluation for Uruguay which was very interesting
(Project link:
http://gvsig.edu.umh.es/2016/02/10/evaluacion-de-la-exactitud-posicional-planimetrica-de-google-earth-para-uruguay-por-carlos-i-colombana-jose-ignacio-reyes-y-mauro-carlevaro/
).

In summary I am writing to let you know of my interrest in be part of GSoC
2019 with OSGeo and contribute with the open source community.

Regards,

Mauro Carlevaro.