[SoC] GSoC QGIS 3D Improvement: Week 6 Report

Ismail Sunni imajimatika at gmail.com
Sun Jul 7 09:02:35 PDT 2019

Dear OSGeo SoC community,

Here is my 6th-week report for my GSoC Project. You can read this report
better with image and GIF in the weekly report wiki [7]. You can also check
the project wiki page [3]. Comments and suggestions are welcome :)

GSoC QGIS 3D Improvement Week 6 Report

*Period*: 1 July 2019 - 7 July 2019

*Report*
1. What did I complete this week?
   - Addressing PR's review for the 3D measuring tool (only a few things)
[2]
   - Play around with Qt3D Experiment with Billboard from Martin [4]
   - Create a mockup for the billboard options and its issue [5]
   - Not so related to the billboard feature, I fix a very small bug in 3D
layer style dialog [6]
2. What am I going to achieve for next week?
   - Add UI for the billboard options
   - Port the billboard from Martin's experiment repo to QGIS
   - Testing
3. Is there any blocking issue?
   - N/A
4. Code
   - Branch in my repo [1] and the PR [2] for the 3D measurement tool
5. Misc
   - I have an exam and the unexpected deadline for thesis proposal this
week so that I couldn't manage to do a lot of stuff. I have talked with my
mentors about it and I requested to skip the 2nd weekly meeting.
   - On the 6th week, I supposed to have an exam (or any assignments
deadline in my study). It turns out the busiest period is from the mid of
5th week until mid of the 6th week. I will have more free time in the 6th
week, unlike my proposal.