[SoC] GSoC 2019 - Implement Edward Moore's Algorithm, Breadth First Search and Binary Breadth First Search Algorithms in pgRouting - Week 9 Report

GVS Akhil gvs.akhil1997 at gmail.com
Sun Jul 28 03:30:27 PDT 2019

Hello everyone,

Here is the ninth-week report for my GSoC project.
Any feedback, comments and suggestions are welcome.

*Week 9 Report*

   - What did I complete this week?
      - Set up a branch named pgr_edwardMoore on my local repository for
      all work related to the implementation of Edward Moore's algorithm.
      - Added SQL files that contain the function signature for One-to-One,
      One-to-Many, Many-to-One, Many-to-Many type queries as well as the
      signature for the internal version of the function.
      - Added function C file which accepts the data from Postgres, sets up
      input/output arrays, calls a function to begin the algorithm,
extracts the
      results and returns it.
      - Added function C++ driver file. This file contains the algorithm to
      process the input data. In the current state, the function will simply
      return an empty set without processing any of the input data.
      - Added InnerQuery pgTap test.
      - Added Documentation queries and their (dummy)results. The results
      would be updated later once the actual algorithm has been implemented.
      - Added the function signatures to pgrouting--3.0.0.sig .
      - Created a pull request [1] and merged it.
   - What am I going to achieve for next week?
   - For the next two weeks, I will be implementing Edward's Moore
      Algorithm from scratch. For the next week, in particular, I aim
to have an
      implementation of the algorithm that will work on graphs containing only
      non-negative edge costs. (The full algorithm can work on graphs
containing
      edge costs of any value)
   - Is there any blocking issue?
      - No blocking issues.