[SoC] GSoc 2019 - Creation of new topological rules in gvSIG desktop - Weekly Report 2

Hector Tundidor Hernandez hectorth23 at gmail.com
Sun Jun 9 08:45:27 PDT 2019

Dear community,

I have updated mi wiki page with the weekly report 2. Any comments and suggestions on the issues raised in the report are welcome.

What did I complete this week?

This week, I have developed the rule must be disjoint for two datasets and I have also taken tolerance into account. In addition, I have developed a script with the action to apply in case that rule is violated. To make a first test of the code I have created two datasets of points that can be found in the _test_ folder. The rule detects that there are non-disjoint points (errors) in different datasets and allows you to apply the delete point action.

On the other hand, a new repository was added for the development of a new rule, later, related to the duplication of points in a dataset.

updated wiki: https://github.com/hecnita/gvsig-gsoc2019-topology/wiki/Rule-Must-be-disjoint

rule repository: https://github.com/hecnita/TopologyRuleMustBeDisjointPoint

What am I going to achieve for next week?

Next week the plan established in the timeline related to the testing, debugging, optimization and documentation of the rule and actions will not be followed. The main reason is that during the week we had doubts about whether this rule should be applied only to a dataset to avoid duplicate points or develop another rule that collected this functionality in the TopologyRuleMustNotHaveDuplicatesPoint repository. Therefore, during the next few days this rule will be paused and all these issues will be matured until the most appropriate scope of application is defined. In the meantime, I'll start developing the next rule in the list Must Not Have Dangles.

Is there any blocking issue?

Apart from the doubts mentioned in the previous section related to the scope of application, there is no type of practical blockage when developing the code. Also, I have fluid contact with my main tutor.

Weekly report 2 link: https://github.com/hecnita/gvsig-gsoc2019-topology/wiki/Weekly-Report-2

Regards