[SoC] GSoC 2019 - Implement Edward Moore's Algorithm, Breadth First Search and Binary Breadth First Search Algorithms in pgRouting - Week 4 Report

GVS Akhil gvs.akhil1997 at gmail.com
Sun Jun 23 06:05:52 PDT 2019

Hello everyone,

Here is the fourth-week report for my GSoC project.
Any feedback, comments and suggestions are welcome.

*Week 4 Report*

   - What did I complete this week?
      - Added a negative value check on the 'max_depth' input parameter of
      the pgr_breadthFirstSearch function. An error is thrown to the
user instead
      of displaying an empty result.
      - Modified the implemented algorithm to return the traversal starting
      at depth zero instead of depth one. This was done to avoid empty output
      when the input graph contains only a single vertex which is also
the source
      vertex in the function call.
      - Modified the implemented algorithm to return an empty table when
      the source vertex is not present in the input graph.
      - Added function input/output parameter type-check pgTap tests.
      - Added algorithm edge-cases pgTap tests.
      - Added additional inner-query pgTap tests.
      - Added more example queries and their results in the function's
      documentation page.
      - Created a pull request [1] and merged it.
   - What am I going to achieve for next week?
   - I will begin working on the next deliverable of my project, which is,
      implementing the Binary Breadth First Search algorithm in
pgRouting. I will
      be designing the function definition as well as creating a basic skeleton
      of the function's documentation and tests next week.
   - Is there any blocking issue?
      - No blocking issues.

Public Repository: [2]
Wiki page with all reports: [3]