[SoC] GSoC QGIS 3D Improvement: Week 4 Report

Ismail Sunni imajimatika at gmail.com
Sun Jun 23 06:31:55 PDT 2019

Dear OSGEO SoC communities,

Here is my 4th-week report for my GSoC Project. You can read this report
better with image and GIF in the weekly report wiki [6]. You can also check
the project wiki page [3]. Comments and suggestions are welcome :)

GSoC QGIS 3D Improvement Week 4 Report

*Period*: 17 June 2019 - 23 June 2019

*Report*
1. What did I complete this week?
   - Replicate UI from 2D measurement tool to the 3D measurement tool
dialog.
     Almost all functionalities are replicated, except:
     - Show help (the behavior is added, but since there is no chapter for
it currently. It's disabled for now)
     - Configuration (already started working on it, but time is quite
limited last week since I feel a little bit unwell last week)

     List of implemented behaviors can be found in [4]. You can see it on a
GIF [5].
     ![3D Measurement Tool with Dialog](
https://user-images.githubusercontent.com/1421861/59976840-2a78c100-95ca-11e9-9e32-16b6c34b4ce9.gif
)
   - Adding map tool for camera control in 3D view (similar to the Pan tool
in 2D view) to make it more consistent and easier to see what's the active
tool.
   - Change the cursor for 3D identify tool for consistency with 2D one.
   - Adding missing `QgsDistanceArea::MeasureLine3D` for `QgsPoint`, unit
test is added.
   - Trying to fix the rendering issue, but still no luck.
2. What am I going to achieve for next week?
   - Finish the configuration
   - Try again with the rendering issue
   - Wrap up PR if the all is finished (currently a draft)
   - Some testing
   - Start working on the 3rd feature, point as a billboard.
3. Is there any blocking issue?
   - Yes, the line is rendered but the color is random and rendered as 2D.
The line will be gone if I hide/show another line [2].
     ![Rendering Problem](
https://user-images.githubusercontent.com/1421861/59567331-c22b5c00-906c-11e9-808f-0a7e93e8f54a.png
)
4. Code