[SoC] GSoC Proposal Review and Introduction

Ismail Sunni imajimatika at gmail.com
Sun Mar 31 07:20:21 PDT 2019

Hello OSGEO SOC members,

My name is Ismail Sunni, I am from Indonesia but currently master in
geospatial technology in Germany. I have a bachelor in software engineering
and have been working as a software engineer with geospatial open source
solution (QGIS, GeoNode, Geoserver, GeoDjango, etc.).

I have been also quite involved in the QGIS community (attending 2 hackfest
and few small bug-fix and improvements), but it's still far from active. I
am hoping that I can be more involved and active after participating in the
GSoC (one of the reasons I pursue my master in Germany so that I can
attending more QGIS hackfest). I like the community, so it's nice to join
this great community and contribute to other people.

You can check also in my GitHub account on https://github.com/ismailsunni for
other open source activities.

In this year GSoC, I am interested in the QGIS 3D improvement
<https://github.com/qgis/QGIS/wiki/Google-Summer-of-Code-2019-Ideas#qgis-3d-improvements>.
I have discussed with Martin Dobias (the mentor) in the last QGIS hackfest
and decided that I will propose to work on Billboard point rendering and
adding 3 "easy" features (3D view bookmarks, on-screen navigation, and
measuring tool).

I have starting to work my proposal also, and I think it's like 99%
finished. I read that as a student, we need to share the proposal before to
the community (in this case, this mailing list, or should I share with
other mailing lists?). If so, how should I share it? Via Google Doc for
example?

Best regards.

--
Ismail Sunni