[SoC] Community Bonding Period Report

吴航 wuhang212 at 126.com
Thu May 30 02:47:52 PDT 2019

Hello everybody,

For the detail, you can refer to my Wiki Page <https://github.com/pgRouting/pgrouting/wiki/GSoC-2019-GRAPH-C---Boost-graph-algorithms-for-pgRouting>.

*Community Bonding Period Report*

What did you get done?

I have performed the following tasks during the community bonding period:

   1. Introduced myself on the GSoC mailing list.

   2. Interacted with the pgRouting community, mentors and fellow GSoC students on the Gitter <https://gitter.im/pgRouting/pgrouting> channel.

   3. Added project details to the OSGeo Wiki Page<https://wiki.osgeo.org/wiki/Google_Summer_of_Code_2019_Accepted> and created my own Wiki Page<https://github.com/pgRouting/pgrouting/wiki/GSoC-2019-GRAPH-C---Boost-graph-algorithms-for-pgRouting>.

   4. Learned how to set up the local development environment on the desktop and studied the build process of the pgrouting project.

   5. Learned how to use Travis-CI to debug and compile my function.  <https://travis-ci.org/nike0good/GSoC-pgRouting/builds>

   6. Created a dummy function “pgr_bar” from “pgr_dijkstra” on a separate repository branch in order to learn the the structure of the project.

   7. Added pgTap tests and document-related tests for the dummy function “pgr_bar”

What do you plan on doing next week?

1. Learn how to create the boost function.

2. Create my first function “pgr_topological_sort” in a new branch named boost-alg

Are you blocked on anything?

1. When setting my building environment, I could not run “run.sh” and got the following error meesage.

— PostgreSQL not found.

CMake Error at CMakeLists.txt:179 (message):

Please check your PostgreSQL installation.

However, I have already installed PostgreSQL and I checked the version.

postgresql 11.3 is already installed and up-to-date

Is there any other package I should install or something else I have missed?

2. When I compile the project on the travis-ci, I found that it took me about 10 minutes each time. Can we make it faster?

Thank you,

Hang Wu