[SoC] Request to contribute to OSGeo for Open Source projects through GSoC 2020

Rajat Shinde rajatshinde2303 at gmail.com
Sat Feb 8 07:38:46 PST 2020

Dear Aditi,

Thanks for showing interest in contributing to the OSGeo community.

Currently, OSGeo's Org Application is under review. The list of accepted
organisations participating in GSoC 2020 would be published on February 20,
2020. Please refer to the GSoC 2020 timeline [1] for more details.

Meanwhile, we would suggest you to go through previous year's OSGeo
completed projects [2] and explore the project ideas. It would be helpful
for you to follow the recommendations for becoming a successful GSoC
Student [3]. Please note that OSGeo is an umbrella organisation and several
projects propose their ideas under OSGeo. The OSGeo GSoC 2020 Ideas list
[4] should be frequently followed to know about the project ideas. Please
feel free to interact with the project communities by introducing yourself
over the project mailing list/Gitter/IRC in case of any queries.

[1] GSoC 2020 timeline
https://developers.google.com/open-source/gsoc/timeline
[2] OSGeo @ GSoC
https://www.osgeo.org/initiatives/gsoc/
[3] Google Summer of Code Recommendations for Students
https://wiki.osgeo.org/wiki/Google_Summer_of_Code_Recommendations_for_Students
[4] Google Summer of Code 2020 Ideas
https://wiki.osgeo.org/wiki/Google_Summer_of_Code_2020_Ideas

With best wishes,